While we trust medical professionals with our health and well-being, unfortunately, sometimes mistakes happen. These mistakes can sometimes constitute medical negligence, leaving you with physical, emotional, and financial burdens.
Martin A. Harvey & Associates understands the sensitive nature of these situations and wants to empower you with information to recognise potential medical negligence and guide you towards seeking legal help if necessary.
In Ireland, medical negligence occurs when a medical professional, through breach of duty of care, causes you harm. This breach could be:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis: Failing to correctly identify an illness, leading to delayed treatment and complications.
- Surgical errors: Mistakes during surgery causing injury or complications.
- Medication errors: Prescribing the wrong medication, dosage, or failing to consider allergies.
- Failure to inform: Omitting information about risks or treatment alternatives, affects your ability to make informed choices.
Recognising Potential Cases:
Red flags that might indicate medical negligence include:
- Unexpected outcomes: Experiencing complications or worsening symptoms after treatment.
- Departures from standard practices: Questionable procedures or a lack of communication about treatment options.
- Unsatisfactory explanations: Feeling dismissed or having concerns brushed aside by medical professionals.
- Significant deterioration in health: A decline in health beyond the expected course of the illness.
- Mounting medical bills: Unexpected or excessive charges due to complications or errors.
Seeking Legal Help:
If you suspect medical negligence, consult a legal professional specialising in personal injury law. We at Martin A. Harvey & Associates offer:
- Free initial consultations: Discuss your case and understand your options without pressure.
- Expert assessment: Evaluate the potential for a medical negligence claim based on facts and evidence.
- Representation throughout the process: Guide you through legal complexities and advocate for your rights.
- No win, no fee: You pay only if we secure compensation for your case.
- Time is of the essence: There is a two-year time limit to commence legal proceedings in Ireland for medical negligence claims.
- Seek expert advice: Consulting a qualified personal injury lawyer ensures your rights are protected and your case is presented effectively.
- Don’t suffer in silence: You deserve compensation for the harm caused by medical negligence.
Contact Martin A. Harvey & Associates today for a free consultation. We are here to listen, guide, and fight for your rights.
Disclaimer: This blog post is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with a qualified legal professional for personalised guidance on your specific situation.
Martin A. Harvey & Associates is here to support you through this challenging experience. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
+353-(0)21-4963400 / 4271006